Reminiscence Kits are tote boxes filled with themed items that can be used by caregivers looking to create special moments with loved ones affec
ted by Alzheimer’s or dementia. Caregivers can use the items to initiate conversations and ask questions, encouraging memories of past events and activities that your loved one enjoyed in their younger years.
Reminiscence Kit themes:
- Outdoors and Handyman
Video Introduction to Reminiscence Kits (By Effingham Area Alzheimer’s Awareness)
- Reminiscence Kits are available for checkout to any registered card holder of East Central Regional Library in good standing.
- Reminiscence Kits can be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Reminiscence Kits can be renewed twice, if no one else has requested the kit.
- Reminiscence Kits can be searched for and requested via the ECRL catalog.
- Kits must be returned to any branch during open hours, as they do not fit in book returns.
- Patrons are asked to check the inventory sheet in the kit to make sure all items are returned.
Funds made possible by an ACT on Alzheimer’s Grant in partnership with Cambridge ACT on Alzheimer’s and East Central Regional Library. Reminiscence Kits developed by Effingham Area Alzheimer’s Awareness.