SYNC is a free summer eAudiobook program for teens. (Adults, you can listen too. We won’t tell the teens!)
SYNC began in summer 2010 and has been growing ever since. SYNC 2017 will consist of 32 eAudiobook titles over 16 weeks! Starting April 27th and ending August 16th, SYNC will give away two free eAudiobook downloads a week – titles paired together based on weekly themes. Once downloaded, the eAudiobooks are yours to keep!
The 2017 line-up includes award-winning authors such as Douglas Adams, M.T. Anderson, Terry Pratchett, and more. Check out the exciting pairs!
SYNC introduces the listening experience to teens and demonstrates that listening is reading!
Listening allows busy teens to enjoy a good book while they’re multi-tasking: mowing the lawn, practicing sports, cleaning their rooms, relaxing on the beach—even playing video games with the game sound muted. SYNC hooks teens by introducing a wide variety of popular titles.
Parents, audio listening promotes literacy by increasing reading accuracy by 52% and reading comprehension by 76%.
SYNC is sponsored by AudioFile Magazine, powered by OverDrive, and supported by East Central Regional Library. Titles are delivered through the OverDrive app. If you are not yet an OverDrive user, download the app to your device today and be ready to go!
Be first to know when new titles are available to download:
- Text syncya to 25827 to receive text alerts about all the featured titles.*
- Visit www.audiobooksync.com and sign up for alerts by email.*
- Downloads are in MP3 format and are Mac and Windows compatible.
- Most listening devices are supported.
- Each SYNC eAudiobook is available for download for a period of 7 days (only).
- Titles, once downloaded, are yours to keep.
- Titles change every Thursday at 6am CT throughout the duration of the program.
Stay in touch with SYNC on social media using the hashtag #audiobookSYNC!
*Please Note: Signing up for these alerts will not send you the titles. The alerts will simply tell you when and where the title is available to download.
Having trouble? View the SYNC help page for issues or questions about the download process.