Last week MPR News published an article on the most popular library books across the state in 2017. Here’s how East Central Regional Library readers’ interests compare to those from other library systems in Minnesota.
Similar to much of the state, thrillers reign supreme. Giants Patterson and Sandford occupy 6 of the top 10 spots.
- Golden Prey by John Sandford
- The Black Book by James Patterson
- 16th Seduction by James Patterson
- Camino Island by John Grisham
- Never, Never by James Patterson
- Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich
- Extreme Prey by John Sandford
- Night School by Lee Child
- Come Sundown by Nora Roberts
- Cross the Line by James Patterson
Unique to our region is the interest in William Kent Krueger’s limited edition collection of short stories and essays and Daniel Brown’s history of the great Hinckley firestorm of 1894.
- Guinness World Records
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- 10,000 Lakes by William Kent Krueger
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- The Whole30 Cookbook by Melissa Hartwig
- The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
- Under a Flaming Sky by Daniel Brown
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken