Preserve your collection of family history memorabilia with Scan for Keeps, a program during the 2nd Annual ECRL Reads.
Start by bringing photos or letter-sized documents important to you or your family history to be scanned with professional equipment, provided by the Minnesota Digital Library. Then take home your original items as well as a high-quality digital scan on a free flash drive.
Mark your calendars for a Scan for Keeps program near you:
- Monday, Oct. 1, Aitkin Public Library, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4, McGregor Public Library, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 15, Wyoming Area Library, 12-6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 29, North Branch Area Library, 2-8 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 1, Mora Public Library 2-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, Pine City Public Library, 1-7 p.m.
Scanning is free but may be limited to three to 10 items per person, depending on time and demand. These are drop-in sessions, so no appointments are necessary.
Partnering in Scan for Keeps are the Aitkin County Historical Society, Wyoming Area Historical Society, Chisago County Historical Society and Pine City Area History Association.
Everyone is encouraged to read this year’s ECRL Reads title, The Fate of Mercy Alban, a spine-tingling, modern-day haunted house story set on Lake Superior by award-winning Minnesota novelist Wendy Webb.