Active Living Kits
Ways to stay active
in Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine Counties
These kits are a great way to try a new activity and stay active!
Active living kits are available immediately in the library catalog.
What are active living kits and what do I need to know when checking them out?
Active living kits include the supplies/equipment needed for various fun games and sports (see the list below).
Check them out for three weeks. Return them when the library is open, as they won’t fit in the exterior returns.
These kits were made possible with funds from the Chisago County Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) Grant.
Active living kit options:
- Bocce Ball – One of the oldest forms of lawn bowling, the relaxing yet strategic game invites players of all ages and skill levels to participate. From family time to socializing with friends and neighbors, the bocce ball set has a way of bringing people together.
- Bottle Bash – Throw the disc at your opponents’ bottle and/or pole to score points. The defending team tries to catch the disc and bottle before they hit the ground.
- Disc Golf – Disc golf is a flying disc sport in which players throw a disc at a target. It is played using rules similar to golf. It is usually played on a course with 9 or 18 holes.
- Football Red Zone Challenge – A brand new and exciting game for football fans of all ages! Step up to the Red Zone Challenge where you have 4 quarters to score the most points in a gridiron faceoff – includes fun rules plus make up your own!
- Pickleball – Pickleball is a paddleball sport (similar to a racquet sport) that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis. Two or four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball, with 26-40 round holes, over a net.
- Pro Pitch Challenge– A brand new and exciting game for baseball fans of all ages! Step up to the Pro Pitch Challenge where you have 9 innings to score the most points in a ballpark faceoff against the competition.
- Snow Ball Making– Whether enjoying the sandy beaches of Florida over summer break or visiting family in the Midwest over the winter holidays, a complete range of snow toy mold kit is ideal to bring with for kid’s playtime. Including 12 assorted piece snow molds and tools, such as snowman maker clip, snow penguin molds, 5-in-1 snowball maker, snow-brick making mold, snow shovels, bucket and complete with bonus mesh bag storage.
- Snow & Sand Blocks– Quickly construct snow forts, igloos, sand castles, walls and more. Plastic mold makes easy-to-stack building bricks from snow and sand.
- Spikeball – This is a fun, active, and competitive 2 on 2 outdoor/indoor sports game. Spikeball is perfect for the backyard, the beach, or even your living room.
- Yard Dice – Yard dice are large, hand-sized dice meant for playing a wide variety of dice-based games in outdoor settings.