Careers and Employment
eResources and online databases related to getting hired and growing your career
Interested in finding and furthering a career?
East Central Regional Library has these great tools and recommendations for you to check out!
Free one-on-one interview and career coaching, online resume, and cover letter assistance. JobNow includes resume templates, career resources and assessment, live writing assistance and an intensive writing lab, a test center, and more. JobNow coaches are available to help every day of the week from 2-11 PM.**
Infobase Learning Cloud (formely Hoonuit):
RETURNING HOONUIT USERS use “learn” as your password to access previous Hoonuit account history. If you need additional assistance retrieving a past account please contact us. Online how-to training on common software and devices. Each online training course is made up of short 1- to 3-minute video segments. This learn-at-your-own-pace solution offers the flexibility to skip lessons you’re already familiar with and review lessons that prove more difficult. All training is online and on-demand.**
Learning Express Library
Interactive collection of tests, tutorials, and eBooks to help with educational and career goals. Learning Centers include: Adult Learning Center, Career Center, College Center, College Preparation Center, Computer Skills Center, High School Equivalency Center, Job & Career Accelerator, School Center, and Spanish Center. *
500+ lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units, designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Courses include videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace.**
- CareerForce Job Search
- CareerForce Center Locations
- DisabilityHubMN—Disability Hub MN is a free statewide resource network that helps you solve problems, navigate the system and plan for your future. You’ll discover options and tools for managing your health, your benefits, your work, your housing and more.
- Minnesota Jobs — Job opportunities, resumes, and links to employers in MN
- Minnesota Works — Current jobs in Minnesota, for job seekers and employers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook — Information on career choices
- Unemployment Insurance — Information for employers and the unemployed, applicant assistance
*Subscription purchased by eLibrary Minnesota (ELM).
**Subscription purchased by East Central Regional Library.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Check out all of our online resources.