Print magazines and newspapers
ECRL branches have magazines and newspapers for browsing. The current issue is in-library use only. Back issues of magazine may be checked out. A small core collection is funded by ECRL. Many branches also have additional subscriptions funded by local support groups and individuals.
All branches do not have the same titles. Use these directories to identify where you may find specific subscriptions:
Digital magazines and newspapers
Establish a free account to download to the Zinio for Libraries app or stream online full issues of digital magazines. Unlimited checkouts, no waiting lists, and there are never any due dates. Current and back issues are available.
- Create your account and browse the collection
- Zinio Help and FAQs
- Need additional assistance? Contact Zinio.
Newspaper articles from hundreds of papers including the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron’s, USA Today, and many more.*
You may also wish to search particular newspapers within the ProQuest Newsstand collection directly. To do so, use the links below:
- New York Times (1980 – current)
- St. Paul Pioneer Press (2010 – current)
- Star Tribune (Minneapolis/St. Paul) (1986 – current)
- USA Today
- The Wall Street Journal (1984 – current)
- The Washington Post (1987 – current)
- Historical Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1922): Full-text and article images from the Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1908) and the Minneapolis Morning Tribune (1909-1922).
- Chronicling America– Search America’s historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924.
- Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub– Search hundreds of thousands of pages of Minnesota newspapers published between the years 1856-1922.
- Small Town Papers– Choose from over 250 small town U.S. newspapers from 1846 up to the current edition.