Print magazines and newspapers
East Central Regional Library branches have magazines and newspapers for browsing. The current issue is in-library use only. Back issues of magazine may be checked out. A core collection is funded by East Central Regional Library. Many branches also have additional subscriptions funded by local support groups and individuals.
All branches do not have the same titles. Use these directories to identify where you may find specific subscriptions:
Digital magazines and newspapers
LIBBY is a free app that allows you to easily borrow and download eMagazines from the OverDrive collection to your device. Titles may be streamed using a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. Download titles while using a Wi-Fi connection to save on data and to read offline anytime, anywhere.
ProQuest U. S. Newsstream: Newspaper articles from hundreds of papers including the Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Barron’s, USA Today, and many more.*
- Historical Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1922): Full-text and article images from the Minneapolis Tribune (1867-1982).
- Chronicling America– Search America’s historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924.
- Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub– Search hundreds of thousands of pages of Minnesota newspapers published between the years 1856-1922.
- Minnesota Historical Society Newspaper Collection– The Minnesota Historical Society holds Minnesota’s “largest single collection of Minnesota newspapers with dates ranging from 1849 to the present day.” Find information about available titles access here:
- Small Town Papers– Choose from over 250 small town U.S. newspapers from 1846 up to the current edition.