MyHeritage Library Edition: One of the largest, most internationally diverse genealogy databases of its kind in the world. It includes billions of historical documents from over 48 countries, millions of historical photos, public records, indexes and additional resources.*
Universal Class: 500+ lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units, designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Courses include videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace.*
- DPLA Family Research — how to get started with family research in DPLA as well as collection highlights such as yearbooks, letters, newspapers, military records, and more
- FamilySearch — Comprehensive database of free family history, family tree and genealogy records in the world, courtesy of the LDS Church
- Find a Grave — locate millions of cemetery and grave records throughout the world.
- National Archives (NARA) — Acquire copies of military, passport, immigration, census, and naturalization records
- USGenWeb Project— Links to all the state genealogy websites which provide gateways to county sites
- Iron Range Research Center– Extensive collection of genealogy materials, including naturalization records
- Minnesota People Finder – Searches the research materials of the Minnesota Historical Society for any item associated with that person. Includes birth and death records and state census records.
- Minnesota GenWeb — Find your family roots in the North Star State, links to county resources
- Minnesota Official Marriage System – Index to marriage certificates on file in MN, includes names and dates
Foreign Country & Immigration Sites
- Ellis Island– Arrivals at the Port of New York, 1892-1954