Ancestry Library Edition: One of the most important genealogical collections available today with unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom,delivering billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more. In-library use only.*
HeritageQuest Online: Digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular ProQuest Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content. *
Universal Class: Lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs). More than 500 courses are available, and all are designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Universal Class includes videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for social media interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace— flexible learning for you!*
- DPLA Family Research– how to get started with family research in DPLA as well as collection highlights such as yearbooks, letters, newspapers, military records, and more
- FamilySearch—Comprehensive database of free family history, family tree and genealogy records in the world, courtesy of the LDS Church
- Find a Grave– locate millions of cemetery and grave records throughout the world.
- National Archives (NARA)– Acquire copies of military, passport, immigration, census, and naturalization records
- USGenWeb Project– Links to all the state genealogy websites which provide gateways to county sites
- Minnesota People Finder– Searches the research materials of the Minnesota Historical Society for any item associated with that person. Includes birth and death records and state census records.
- Minnesota GenWeb — Find your family roots in the North Star State, links to county resources
- Minnesota Official Marriage System– Index to marriage certificates on file in MN, includes names and dates
- Iron Range Research Center– Extensive collection of genealogy materials, including naturalization records
Foreign Country & Immigration Sites
- CastleGarden– Arrivals at the Port of New York, 1820-1892
- Ellis Island– Arrivals at the Port of New York, 1892-1954