A resource to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine. *
Offering full-text articles from more than 180 international journals and reports, this resource focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. *
A reference resource that provides access to nearly 80 full-text, consumer health magazines, pamphlets, as well as over 130 health reference books and nearly 10,000 Clinical Reference Systems reports.*
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition: A resource that provides access to 550 scholarly full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines, including strong coverage of nursing and allied health.*
An all-encompassing database that contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and more. This database also contains full text for more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an image collection of nearly 600,000 photos, maps and flags.*
Explora Libraries contains full text of popular magazine and scholarly journal articles covering all subject areas including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books. Includes Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source – Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center databases.*
A resource that includes scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers in the areas of art, humanities, social sciences, science, and technology.*
A scholarly resource containing indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals in a wide variety of disciplines, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. *
- Mayo Clinic — Information on diseases, drugs, first aid, and more
- MedicineNet — Reliable doctor-produced health and medical information
- MedlinePlus — Consumer health and medical info; search health topics, drug information, and a medical encyclopedia
- Merck Manual — Access to the world’s most widely used medical textbook
- MN Public Health Data Access Portal– Data on specific conditions or health topics, health equity, and information on local public health priorities presented by MN county.
- MNSure- Minnesota’s health insurance marketplace
- WebMD — Find a doctor or hospital; info on drugs, supplements, diseases, and disorders; use the pill identification tool; read health updates
*Subscription purchased by Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM). ELM is brought to you by your local library, the MINITEX Library Information Network, and State Library Services and School Technology, the MN state library agency with state appropriations to the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the Minnesota Department of Education, and federal LSTA funds under the support of the Institute of Museum and Library Services.