Britannica Library: Encyclopedia content for all ages plus multimedia, timelines, world atlas, country comparison, quotations, and primary sources.*
eBooks on EBSCOhost: Includes eBook titles on a wide variety of subjects, including business and management, computers and technology, and literature. Includes Cliff’s Notes and Nolo books.*
Explora Libraries: Full text of popular magazine and scholarly journal articles covering all subject areas including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books. Includes Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source – Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center databases.*
Hoonuit: (formerly Atomic Training) Online how-to training on common software and devices, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, and iPad. Each online training course is made up of short 1- to 3-minute video segments, helping you get the most out of the training. This learn-at-your-own-pace solution offers the flexibility to skip lessons you’re already familiar with and review lessons that prove more difficult. All training is online and on-demand, available anywhere with Internet access.**
Minnesota Libraries Publishing Project is now MN Writes MN Reads: Create.
MN Writes MN Reads: Create, Share, Read. Local authors: create eBooks and share them with readers across Minnesota and potentially the United States. Readers: find eBooks published by independent local and national authors.
Universal Class: Lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs). More than 500 courses are available, and all are designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Universal Class includes videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for social media interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace— flexible learning for you!**
- BookRiot–part reader advisory, part silly fan blog, part highbrow literature discussion and everything in-between.
- CharacTour—Database of favorite fictional characters. Find your next movie, TV show, book, or video game.
- Fantastic Fiction — Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors, including new books, series, and awards
- GoodReads–Keep track of the books you’ve read, rate and review titles, see what your friends are reading. Recommendations based on your bookshelves. Updates on new books, online book clubs, book giveaways and more.
- Stop, You’re Killing Me!–Find crime, mystery, thriller and spy novels by author, genre, location, job, character, time period, diversity. View Mystery/Thriller awards lists, newly and to-be published titles.
- What Should I Read Next?– Type in a book or author you have enjoyed to generate a small list of similar reads.
- Whichbook–Express what you’re looking for on sliding scales for mood, emotion, plot shape, and other characteristics and Whichbook will make recommendations.