health and Medicine
Eresources and online databases related to health and medicine
Interested in consumer health & wellness and other medical information?
East Central Regional Library has these great tools and recommendations for you to check out!
Full-text articles from more than 180 international journals and reports, this resource focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. *
A resource to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine.*
500+ lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units, designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Courses include videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace.**
- Adult Mental Health Initiative (Region 7) — mental health resources for Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs & Pine Counties, & the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
- Directory of Open Access Journals— Open access full-text scholarly and scientific journal articles regarding a variety of topics including technology, medicine, and more.
- Mayo Clinic — Information on diseases, drugs, first aid, and more
- Medicare — Eligibility, enrollment, plan choices, and claims
- MedicineNet — Reliable doctor-produced health and medical information
- MedlinePlus — Consumer health and medical info; search health topics, drug information, and a medical encyclopedia
- MedlinePlus Drugs, Herbs, and Supplements — Learn about your prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines. Includes side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more.
- Merck Manual: Consumer Version — Trusted provider of medical information since 1899.
- Merck Manual: Professional Version — Access to the world’s most widely used medical textbook
- MN Public Health Data Access Portal— Data on specific conditions or health topics, health equity, and information on local public health priorities presented by MN county.
- MNSure – Minnesota’s health insurance marketplace
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) Minnesota Support Groups —
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) Find Help — Free online classes for the general public.
*Subscription purchased by eLibrary Minnesota (ELM).
**Subscription purchased by East Central Regional Library.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Check out all of our online resources.