Literature and Language arts
eResources and online databases related to literature and language arts
Interested in learning more about writing, literature, and language arts?
East Central Regional Library has these great tools and recommendations for you to check out!
Encyclopedia content for all ages plus multimedia, timelines, world atlas, country comparison, quotations, and primary sources.*
Full text of popular magazine and scholarly journal articles covering all subject areas including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books. Includes Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source – Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center databases.*
Infobase Learning Cloud (formerly Hoonuit)
RETURNING HOONUIT USERS use “learn” as your password to access previous Hoonuit account history. If you need additional assistance retrieving a past account please contact us. Online how-to training on common software and devices. Each online training course is made up of short 1- to 3-minute video segments. This learn-at-your-own-pace solution offers the flexibility to skip lessons you’re already familiar with and review lessons that prove more difficult. All training is online and on-demand.**
MN Writes MN Reads
Create, Share, Read. Local authors: create eBooks and share them with readers across Minnesota and potentially the United States. Readers: find eBooks published by independent local and national authors.
500+ lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units, designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Courses include videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace.**
- BookRiot — Part reader advisory, part silly fan blog, part highbrow literature discussion and everything in-between.
- Fantastic Fiction — Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors, including new books, series, and awards
- GoodReads — Keep track of the books you’ve read, rate and review titles, see what your friends are reading. Recommendations based on your bookshelves. Updates on new books, online book clubs, book giveaways and more.
- Stop, You’re Killing Me! — Find crime, mystery, thriller and spy novels by author, genre, location, job, character, time period, diversity. View Mystery/Thriller awards lists, newly and to-be published titles.
- What Should I Read Next? — Type in a book or author you have enjoyed to generate a small list of similar reads.
- Whichbook — Express what you’re looking for on sliding scales for mood, emotion, plot shape, and other characteristics and Whichbook will make recommendations.
*Subscription purchased by eLibrary Minnesota (ELM).
**Subscription purchased by East Central Regional Library.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Check out all of our online resources.