** Please note that a new entrance for the Hinckley Public Library has been setup at the rear of the building.
Hours & Services:
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Browsing & Computer Appointments
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Curbside Services
Friday: 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Browsing & Computer Appointments
Saturday – 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Curbside Services
How Have Our Services Have Changed?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the library enviroment and services have been modified:
- Returned materials are isolated for a minimum of 3 business days before being checked-in
- The outdoor materials return slot has re-opened
- An appointment is necessary to use a computer (see below)
- Per East Central Regional Library’s Social Distancing Policy and in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, all those entering the building will need to wear a face covering. Masks will be available if you need one
- The environment in the library has been modified
- A sneeze guard has been placed on the service desk
- Hand sanitizing stations are available
- Seating has been reduced
- Children’s play areas/equipment will not be available
- All staff will be wearing a mask
- Restrooms are available
- Please limit the duration of your visit
- Please visit in groups of two or less
- Maximum occupancy will be posted at the entrance and must be observed
- Children under age 10 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult
If you’ve experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not visit the library. Symptoms include:
- Fever (100.4° F or higher), or feeling feverish
- A new sore throat
- New muscle aches
- A new cough
- New headache
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of smell or taste
Services Currently Being Offered in This Location:
These appointments will grant entry into the library to browse the collection, pick up holds and check out materials. When you arrive for your appointment, proceeed to the new entrance at the rear of the building and check in at the desk. You can schedule your browsing appointment online or you can call to schedule an appointment at (320) 384-6351. Phone services are normally available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Computers by Appointment
These appointments are for those who wish to access a library computer. You can schedule your computer appointment online or call to schedule an appointment at (320) 384-6351. Phone services are normally available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. When you arrive for your appointment, please proceed to the temporary library entrance at the rear of the building and check in at the desk.
About the Appointment:
- You will be able to print. We request that you bring exact change if possible.
- Computer appointments are for one hour and cannot be extended.
- For your safety and ours, library staff will not approach your computer to provide assistance.
- Please bring your own headphones
We’re looking forwarding to seeing you for your appointment!
Curbside Pick Up:
Step One: Place a hold
- Place items on hold in our online catalog or by calling us (phone numbers listed below) Monday thru Friday between 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Step Two: Schedule a pick-up
- When your holds are ready you will be notified
- Schedule your pickup appointment
- Call (320) 384-6351 Mon-Fri from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Schedule online
Step Three: Pick up your holds
- The pickup process is designed to be contact free
- Arrive at your appointment time
The materials return is now open and will remain open all the time. We do ask that if you have items that will not fit in the book return, kits, oversized books or otherwise, please return those items during curbside hours to the cart outside (see photo).
106 First Street SE
PO Box 336
Hinckley, MN 55037
Phone: (320) 384-6351
Fax: (320) 384-9931