How Have Our Services Have Changed?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the library environment and services have been modified:
- Returned materials are isolated for a minimum of 3 business days before being checked-in.
- An appointment is necessary to use a computer (see below).
- Per East Central Regional Library’s Social Distancing Policy and in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, all those entering the building will need to wear a face covering. Masks will be available if you need one.
- The environment in the library has been modified:
- A sneeze guard has been placed on the service desk.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available.
- Seating has been reduced.
- Children’s play areas/equipment will not be available.
- All staff will be wearing a mask.
- Restrooms are available.
- Please limit the duration of your visit.
- Please visit in groups of two or less.
- Maximum occupancy will be posted at the entrance and must be observed.
- Children under age 10 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
If you’ve experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not visit the library. Symptoms include:
- Fever (100.4° F or higher), or feeling feverish
- A new sore throat
- New muscle aches
- A new cough
- New headache
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of smell or taste
Services Currently Being Offered:
Book returns are open in all library locations and are available anytime. If you have items that will not fit in the book return, kits, oversized books or otherwise, please return those items during curbside pickup hours.
Please note: for the safety of our staff returned materials will be quarantined prior to their check-in. They will continue to show on your account for 5-7 business days. You will not be charged fines during this time. We also kindly ask that you place your materials in the book returns and not try to give them to library staff.