Winners have been announced for the first annual MN Writes MN Reads Minnesota Author Project, which recognizes the best self-published authors in the state of Minnesota.
Congratulations to these great authors!
Adult Fiction Winner:
Young Adult Fiction Winner:
Read the eBooks now on MN Writes MN Reads. No wait lists and no library card needed! Or, if you prefer to read print, place a hold in the East Central Regional Library catalog at the links above.
Finalists have been announced for the MN Writes MN Reads Minnesota Author Project, which recognizes the best self-published authors in the state of Minnesota! Congratulations to these great authors!
Minnesota Author Project helps promote self-published authors.
Minnesota writers of young adult and adult fiction have a chance at winning $1,000 and bragging rights to the top self-published books in the state through a new contest just announced by East Central Regional Library and libraries statewide.
Along with a $1,000 prize, winners in each category will be included in Indie Minnesota, a statewide digital collection of local indie authors. They also will receive:
- a review in Library Journal, one of the country’s oldest and most renowned trade publications for library news
- honors at the American Library Association Midwinter Conference in Seattle
- opportunities to promote and have print copies of books available in Minnesota public libraries.
Through this project, libraries are helping local authors get the recognition they deserve for writing great books.
This year’s contest kicks off on April 1, 2018, and submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2018.
The winners of this contest will receive:
- $1,000 each in Adult and Young Adult categories. Prizes sponsored by the Minnesota Library Foundation and BiblioLabs.
- A write-up in the December print issue of Library Journal.
- Honors at the American Library Association Midwinter Conference in Seattle.
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) in Minnesota public libraries.
- A Library Journal Digital Review (Winners + Honorable Mentions).
- If available, print copies of your book will be purchased and made available for checkout through Minnesota’s public libraries.
- Multiple submissions are welcome.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre
- Written by a Minnesota resident
- Available in either ePUB or PDF file
For books that do not win, you will still have the opportunity to have your book assessed by Library Journal curators to be included in SELF-e Select and to make your book available statewide in the Indie Minnesota collection at MN Writes MN Reads.