Consumer & Do It Yourself
eResources and online databases related to consumer information & DIY
Interested in learning about consumer information and DIY?
East Central Regional Library has these great tools and recommendations for you to check out!
Consumer Health Complete:
A resource to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine.*
Infobase Learning Cloud (formely Hoonuit):
RETURNING HOONUIT USERS use “learn” as your password to access previous Hoonuit account history. If you need additional assistance retrieving a past account please contact us. Online how-to training on common software and devices. Each online training course is made up of short 1- to 3-minute video segments. This learn-at-your-own-pace solution offers the flexibility to skip lessons you’re already familiar with and review lessons that prove more difficult. All training is online and on-demand.**
500+ lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units, designed and led by professional instructors to build deeper understanding and mastery of subject matter. Courses include videos, assignments, quizzes, tests, and options for interaction with other learners. Take multiple classes, video-audit a course, learn at your own pace.**
- Better Business Bureau — Rely on BBB to help you make informed buying decisions and turn to BBB for help when you need it.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau — Wherever you are on your financial journey, you can prepare yourself to make informed financial decisions with these resources.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission — CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard.
- Energy Saver — Saver provides energy efficiency and renewable energy information to U.S. consumers, including families, homeowners, renters, and drivers.
- Consumer Search –Top-rated products, based on expert & user reviews
- Manuals Lib: the ultimate manuals library — Provides free access to manuals and user guides for over 1,400,000+ products.
- Minnesota Homeownership Center — Provides homebuyer services and foreclosure assistance
- StillTasty — Created by an award-winning journalist and her mother (a retired food safety expert), StillTasty’s food storage information is drawn from multiple sources. A primary source is the food safety research conducted by U.S. government agencies, including the United States Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
*Subscription purchased by eLibrary Minnesota (ELM).
**Subscription purchased by East Central Regional Library.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Check out all of our online resources.