Missing Parts Instructions
*** An item is returned missing a disc/video/tape/accompanying book, etc.
- DO NOT check item in.
- Fill out purple Problem Form using item status to identify patron.
- Call patron.
- If you speak with the patron, you may wait 48 hours for missing part to be returned before sending the Missing Parts Letter.
- If you don’t speak with the patron, immediately send Missing Parts Letter.
- Add alert message to patron account— “ex. Returned ‘item’ to ‘branch’ missing ‘part.’ Patron called on ‘date.’– ‘Staff initials’”
- If item is not returned within 2 weeks, charge patron account for full price of material by following procedures for damaged item handling, with the exception of mailing another letter.
- If item is returned, check item in and remove note from patron account.
**An item is returned without case
- Check item in.
- Put item in bindery and send in to HQ for replacement case.
- Scan item in Item Status
- Actions for Selected items > Show last few circulations; (Pop-up Window appears)
- Last Few Circulations > Item summary pane, use column picker to add price, and other relative information. Save columns (for future reference).
- Last Few Circulations > click Add Billing (Pop-Up Window appears)
- Billing Type drop-down menu, choose Replacement Fee for case.
- Add Price according to Price List for Non Print Cases
- Add your initials & specifics about what patron is being charged for in the note field.
- Submit bill.
- We no longer send a letter when this type of bill is added.
NOTE: We do not bill for missing plastic CD sleeves.