2023’s tax filing season officially begins on January 23, 2023. The last day to file is April 18, 2023.
Did you know that tax forms are available online? East Central Regional Library has compiled some online tax resources for you here.
Library staff can assist with locating and printing online tax forms, but are not able to give advice regarding the forms that you might need to file your taxes. Nor are they able to help with actually filling out the tax forms.
As Tax documents begin to arrive from the IRS, we will post updates on what is currently available at your local library below:
- Aitkin– 1040 and 1040-SR and instruction booklets
- Cambridge– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- Chisago– 1040 and 1040-SR forms and instruction booklets
- Hinckley– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- McGregor– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- Milaca– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- Mille Lacs– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- North Branch– 1040 and 1040-SR forms and instruction booklets
- Pine City– 1040 and 1040-SR forms
- Rush City–
Could you use some FREE tax help? The Aitkin and Cambridge public libraries will have AARP Tax-Aide volunteers at their locations February through April:
Aitkin Public Library: every Thursday, Feb. 9 to April 13, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. To make an appointment, call 612-850-6060.
Cambridge Public Library: every Saturday from Feb. 4 to April 15, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. For an appointment, please call 651-674-8658.
AARP is the nation’s most extensive volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance service. They work with low to moderate-income taxpayers, especially those 50 and older, to help them get all the deductions and credits they deserve.